Monday, January 26, 2009

Robert Adams

I liked the pictures that were taken by Robert Adams, even though they are different than the landscape pictures I choose to take. He was able to create these attractive images from these unattractive realities; these places that had been harvested for their resources and then left in waste. I prefer to take pictures of places that are still protected, and places that I would still consider healthy even with their interaction with humans. I think both of these types of photography represent reality, but just different elements of it. I thought the fact that he photographs in black and white was interesting, as it created more of a barren image. His wife even commented that the reality was a black and white landscape with just touches of green.

No comments:

Post a Comment